Powers of authority
Except as otherwise provided in ORS 530.610 (Levy of taxes prohibited), a community forest authority shall have the power necessary to accomplish the purpose of financing community forestlands under ORS 530.600 (Definitions for ORS 530.600 to 530.628) to 530.628 (Application of laws to authority and to issuance of bonds), including the power to:
(1) Sue and be sued in its own name.
(2) Enter into agreements relating to the operation of community forestlands upon terms and conditions the board deems appropriate.
(3) Borrow money by issuing notes, revenue bonds or other revenue obligations for the purpose of carrying out its powers.
(4) Mortgage, assign and pledge its assets, or a portion of its assets, whether then owned or thereafter acquired, to pledge and assign the revenues and receipts from the assets, to acquire, hold and dispose of mortgages or other similar documents relating to community forestlands and to arrange and provide for guarantees and other security agreements.
(5) Lend money to a nonprofit corporation for the acquisition, furnishing or extension of and improvements to community forestlands.
(6) Enter into contracts, leases and other undertakings in its own name.
(7) Adopt and amend ordinances and resolutions. [2005 c.500 §7]
Note: See note under 530.600 (Definitions for ORS 530.600 to 530.628).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.