Exemption from liability for large woody debris left on property
(1) A landowner is not liable in tort for any personal injury, death or property damage that arises out of the leaving of large woody debris on the property of the landowner under the provisions of ORS 527.610 (Short title) to 527.770 (Good faith compliance with best management practices not violation of water quality standards), under any rules adopted pursuant to ORS 527.610 (Short title) to 527.770 (Good faith compliance with best management practices not violation of water quality standards), or under any other law or rule requiring trees and large woody debris to be left upon property after logging or other activity on the land.
(2) The limitation on liability provided by this section applies to any injury, death or damage arising out of wildfire, erosion, flooding, diversion of waters, damage to public improvements and any other injury, death or damage caused by the large woody debris left by the landowner.
(3) The limitation on liability provided by this section does not apply if the injury, death or damage was caused by the intentional tort of the landowner or by the gross negligence of the landowner. As used in this subsection, “gross negligence” means negligence that is materially greater than the mere absence of reasonable care under the circumstances, and that is characterized by indifference to or reckless disregard of the rights of others.
(4) The limitation on liability provided by this section is in addition to any limitation on liability provided under ORS 105.672 (Definitions for ORS 105.672 to 105.696) to 105.696 (Duty of care or liability not created).
(5) The limitation on liability provided by this section does not apply to any liability established by the provisions of ORS chapter 477. [1999 c.863 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.