In addition to the functions listed in ORS 526.640 (General authority of institute), the Oregon Forest Resources Institute may:
(1) Conduct research and disseminate reliable information based upon such research.
(2) Sue and be sued as an institute without individual liability for acts of the board of directors within the scope of the powers conferred upon it by law.
(3) Enter into contracts which the board of directors considers necessary to carry out the duties, functions and powers imposed upon the institute by law.
(4) Borrow money in amounts not to exceed 50 percent of the board of directors’ estimate of the institute’s revenue from the current year’s harvest.
(5) Appoint subordinate officers and employees of the institute and prescribe their duties and fix their compensation.
(6) Adopt, rescind, modify or amend all proper orders, regulations, rules and resolutions for the exercise of its duties, functions and powers. [1991 c.949 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information