Oregon Forest Resources Institute
- • board of directors
- • eligibility
There is created the Oregon Forest Resources Institute. The institute shall be governed by a board of directors appointed by the State Forester. In making the appointments, the State Forester shall take into consideration any nominations or recommendations made to the State Forester by producers or organizations that represent producers. The board shall consist of 11 voting members plus two nonvoting members appointed as follows:
(1) Three voting members to represent small producers of 20 million board feet or less per year.
(2) Three voting members to represent medium producers of more than 20 million board feet but less than 100 million board feet per year.
(3) Three voting members to represent large producers of 100 million board feet or more per year.
(4) One voting member who is an owner of between 100 and 2,000 acres of forestland and who has no direct financial interest in any forest products processing activity.
(5) After consideration of the recommendations of the other appointed members in subsections (1) to (4) of this section, one voting member who is an hourly wage employee of a producer or a person who represents such employees. The member appointed under this subsection need not comply with the requirements of ORS 526.615 (Qualifications of voting members) (3) to (6).
(6)(a) Two nonvoting members:
(A) The Dean of the College of Forestry at Oregon State University.
(B) An individual jointly appointed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives to represent the public. The public representative may not be a member of or significantly affiliated with any organization of or business in the timber industry or any organization or business known to support or promote environmental or conservation issues. A person appointed under this subparagraph serves at the pleasure of the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(b) Members referred to in this subsection are not subject to ORS 526.615 (Qualifications of voting members) to 526.625 (Effect of failure to maintain qualification). [1991 c.949 §4; 1993 c.584 §3; 1995 c.225 §3; 1999 c.40 §1; 2003 c.423 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.