Circulation of application to state agencies
- • suggested conditions to permit
- • time limit for permit action
(1) Upon receipt of a complete application to drill prospect wells, the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries shall circulate copies of the application to the Water Resources Department, the Department of Environmental Quality, the Department of Land Conservation and Development and the Department of State Lands. The State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may circulate copies to other public agencies that may have an interest in the permit application.
(2) Any public agency receiving a copy of the application as provided in subsection (1) of this section may suggest conditions under which a permit should be granted. A public agency shall submit any suggested conditions to the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries within 45 days of the public agency’s receipt of the copy of the application. The department shall consider any suggested conditions that a public agency submits to the department within the 45-day period.
(3) A permit issued under this section is subject to such conditions as the department may impose. Included among the conditions shall be provision for the proper and safe plugging and decommissioning of each prospect well. Subject to ORS 522.075 (Bond or security), the department shall issue or deny the permit by a written order within 60 days after receipt of a complete application unless the department determines that a longer period is necessary to respond to comments or new information or for other good cause. [1975 c.552 §4b; 2009 c.794 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information