Collection of baseline data
- • public informational meetings
- • collection methodology
(1) Upon receipt of notice from a prospective applicant that the prospective applicant is ready to begin collecting baseline data, the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries shall:
(a) Provide notice in accordance with ORS 517.959 (Public notice requirements for ORS 517.952 to 517.989) that the prospective applicant intends to begin baseline data collection and the location where additional background information may be obtained or reviewed.
(b) Within 30 days after receiving the notice from the applicant, conduct two public information meetings. One public meeting shall be conducted in the population center closest to the site of the proposed mining operation and one public meeting shall be conducted in a major population center for the state, as determined by State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries.
(c) Receive written comments from the public and affected agencies for 45 days after receiving notice under this subsection.
(2) The purpose of the public informational meetings and public comment period under subsection (1) of this section shall be to:
(a) Identify the issues raised by the proposed mining operation;
(b) Receive information from the public that the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries and the permitting and cooperating agencies may need to know in order to evaluate the application; and
(c) Determine the data that should be collected during the baseline data collection phase of the consolidated application process to address the issues identified.
(3) Upon receipt of notice under subsection (1) of this section, the technical review team activated under ORS 517.963 (Department duties upon receipt of notice of intent) shall determine the specific methodologies to be applied by the applicant in collecting baseline data.
(4) The applicant shall collect data according to the methodology established by the permitting and cooperating agencies through the technical review team. The data collected shall be verified by the appropriate agency in accordance with procedures adopted by the agency. [1991 c.735 §12; 2013 c.371 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.