Administration and enforcement of ORS 517.702 to 517.989
- • rules
The governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries shall administer and enforce the provisions of ORS 517.702 (Legislative findings) to 517.989 (Rules applicable to consolidated application) and:
(1) May conduct or cause to be conducted investigations, research, experiments and demonstrations and may collect and disseminate information related to surface mining and the reclamation of surface-mined lands.
(2) May cooperate with other governmental and private agencies of this state or of other states and with agencies of the federal government, including the reimbursement for any services provided by such agencies to the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries at its request.
(3) May apply for, accept and expend public and private funds made available for the reclamation of lands affected by surface mining in accordance with the purposes of ORS 517.702 (Legislative findings) to 517.989 (Rules applicable to consolidated application).
(4) May, in accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, adopt rules to carry out the provisions of ORS 517.702 (Legislative findings) to 517.989 (Rules applicable to consolidated application).
(5) Shall establish by rule a program to encourage voluntary reclamation practices that exceed the normal reclamation standards to provide maximum enhancement and benefits from mined lands. The program shall include incentives and other actions that will encourage voluntary reclamation practices.
(6) May receive and manage abandoned mined land funds received for abandoned mined land reclamation from the federal government. [1971 c.719 §3; 1985 c.292 §11; 1989 c.461 §1; 1993 c.342 §2; 1995 c.509 §2; 2007 c.318 §10; 2013 c.371 §27]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.