Duties of State Geologist
- • bond
- • employment of personnel
- • report to board
(1) The State Geologist shall be covered by a bond as set forth in ORS 291.011 (Blanket fidelity bonds for state officers and personnel).
(2) The State Geologist may employ qualified persons subject to any applicable provisions of the State Personnel Relations Law.
(3) The State Geologist shall report to the governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries as requested by the board concerning the administration of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries.
(4) The State Geologist shall make every effort to complete promptly for publication all notes, charts and maps covering mineral and geological investigations of the department, so that public distribution of same may take place as closely as possible after the completion of field investigations.
(5) The State Geologist shall have charge of, organize and supervise the work of the department and perform such other duties as may be necessary to carry out the work of the department. [Amended by 1991 c.331 §74; 1993 c.260 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.