As used in this chapter:
(1) Board means the governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries established pursuant to ORS 516.080 (Governing board).
(2) Department means the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries established pursuant to ORS 516.020 (Creation of department).
(3) Mine includes all mineral-bearing properties of whatever kind and character, whether underground, quarry, pit, well, spring or other source from which any mineral substance is obtained.
(4) Mineral includes any and all mineral products, metallic and nonmetallic, solid, liquid or gaseous, and mineral waters of all kinds.
(5) Mineral industries includes all enterprises engaged in developing and exploiting the natural substances of the earth.
(6) Geologic hazard means a geologic condition that is a potential danger to life and property which includes but is not limited to earthquake, landslide, flooding, erosion, expansive soil, fault displacement, volcanic eruption and subsidence.
(7) Geology means the study of the earth, and in particular the study of the origin, history and topographic form of rocks, ores and minerals, either under the ground or upon the surface, and their alteration by surface agencies, such as wind, water, ice and other agencies, and the economics of their use. [Amended by 1989 c.954 §1; 1993 c.260 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information