Requirements related to removal of crab pots
- • exemptions
- • permits for removal
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, “crab fishing season” has the meaning given that term in ORS 508.931 (Eligibility for permit).
(2) A person may not leave a crab pot used as part of the ocean Dungeness crab fishery in the waters of this state more than 15 days after the closure of the crab fishing season.
(3) The State Fish and Wildlife Commission may issue permits to persons for the removal of crab pots left in violation of subsection (2) of this section:
(a) Regardless of whether the person who removes the crab pot originally set the crab pot; and
(b) If the permit holder also holds a boat license issued pursuant to ORS 508.260 (Boat license).
(4) By rule the commission:
(a) Shall establish provisions related to the disposition of the crab pots by the permit holder who removes the crab pots.
(b) May restrict the removal of crab pots to specific geographic areas.
(5) The State Department of Fish and Wildlife may exempt certain owners of crab pots from the requirements of subsection (2) of this section. If the department exempts certain owners under this subsection, the department must notify the holders of permits issued under subsection (3) of this section.
(6) The provisions of ORS 98.005 (Rights and duties of finder of money or goods), 98.015 (Liability of noncomplying finder), 98.025 (Rights of owner) and 98.302 (Definitions for ORS 98.302 to 98.436) to 98.436 (Short title) do not apply to crab pots removed under the provisions of this section. [2013 c.142 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.