Northern pikeminnow fishing derby license
- • rules
(1) An organizer of a fishing derby may apply for and obtain from the State Fish and Wildlife Commission a fishing derby license to take northern pikeminnow and to sell, for charitable fund-raising purposes, northern pikeminnow taken during the duration of the derby. A fee may not be charged for the license.
(2) Upon receipt of an application for a fishing derby license, the commission shall review the application and issue a fishing derby license if the commission determines that the fishing derby will comply with the rules of the commission related to the protection of native fish species, including northern pikeminnow, and will be conducted in a manner that minimizes impacts on sensitive populations or habitats, except that the commission may issue no more than two fishing derby licenses per year for a given body of water.
(3) A fishing derby for which a fishing derby license has been obtained under this section may have a duration of no longer than three days.
(4) An organizer of a fishing derby is required to obtain a separate fishing derby license for each fishing derby.
(5) The commission may adopt rules necessary to implement the provisions of this section. Notwithstanding ORS 508.025 (License required to take, process or deal in fish), 508.030 (License required for fishing gear), 508.035 (Separate licenses required for certain fishing gear and activities), 508.235 (Commercial fishing license), 508.260 (Boat license), 508.505 (Additional fees based on value of fish at time of landing) and 508.535 (Keeping record of food fish received and bought), rules adopted by the commission may provide that separate licenses under the commercial fishing laws are not required for an organizer or a person to participate in a fishing derby for which the organizer holds a fishing derby license issued under this section.
(6) This section is not intended to and may not be interpreted to exempt an organizer or a person participating in a fishing derby from any applicable licensing requirements under the wildlife laws. [2015 c.590 §1]
Note: 508.124 (Northern pikeminnow fishing derby license) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 508 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.