Administration and enforcement
- • Chief Electrical Inspector
- • inspector qualifications
- • rules
(1) The Electrical and Elevator Board shall administer and enforce ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor’s license) and 479.995 (Civil penalty for violation of ORS 479.510 to 479.945). The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services shall appoint an adequate staff of competent persons experienced and trained to serve as electrical inspectors. The board shall assist the director in reviewing determinations made by the staff involving electrical installations or products and to assist in formulating rules under ORS 479.730 (Adoption of rules by Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services).
(2) The director, in consultation with the board, shall appoint a representative of the department’s staff of electrical inspectors who shall serve ex officio as secretary of the board. This person shall be known as the Chief Electrical Inspector.
(3) The director shall certify a person as an electrical inspector if:
(a) The person:
(A) Completes a general journeyman electrical apprenticeship program in Oregon;
(B) Has two years’ experience as a licensed electrician in Oregon; and
(C) Passes the examination required for certification as a supervising electrician; or
(b) For a person with experience outside the State of Oregon, the person:
(A)(i) Has five years’ experience in commercial or industrial electrical inspection; and
(ii) Passes the examination required for certification as a general supervising electrician; or
(B) Has six years of out-of-state experience as an electrician and passes the examination required for certification as a general supervising electrician.
(4) The board may, by rule, allow certification of persons as electrical inspectors with experience or training that does not meet the requirements specified in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) Rules adopted under this section shall provide for the recognition of equivalent experience acquired by a person outside the State of Oregon.
(6) An examination taken for purposes of applying for certification as an electrical inspector under this section shall not be valid for use in an application to become licensed as a supervising electrician. [1959 c.406 §18; 1961 c.693 §3; 1969 c.314 §53; 1971 c.753 §22; 1977 c.748 §4; 1981 c.815 §30; 1987 c.383 §2; 1993 c.574 §1; 1993 c.744 §127; 1997 c.677 §3; 2001 c.411 §24]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.