Certain electrical license required
- • electrical installations by unlicensed persons prohibited
Subject to ORS 479.540 (Exemptions), a person may not:
(1) Without an electrical contractors license, engage in the business of making electrical installations, advertise as or otherwise purport to be licensed to make electrical installations or purport to be acting as a business that makes electrical installations.
(2) Except as provided in ORS 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (10)(c) and (11)(f), direct, supervise or control the making of an electrical installation without a supervising electricians license.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, make any electrical installation without a supervising or journeyman electricians license.
(4) Perform work on an electrical installation as an electrical apprentice without an electrical apprentices license.
(5) Make any electrical installation on a single or multifamily dwelling unit not exceeding three floors above grade, as provided in ORS 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (14), without a limited residential electricians license.
(6) Permit or suffer any electrical installation on property that the person owns, controls, manages or supervises to be made by a person not licensed to make such an installation. [1959 c.406 §10; 1983 c.733 §2; 1987 c.874 §3; 1995 c.715 §3; 2003 c.675 §67; 2007 c.548 §1; 2011 c.9 §68]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information