Definitions for ORS 479.510 to 479.945 and 479.995
As used in ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractors license) and 479.995 (Civil penalty for violation of ORS 479.510 to 479.945), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Approved testing laboratory means a testing laboratory that meets criteria for electrical product evaluation established by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services with the approval of the Electrical and Elevator Board under ORS 479.730 (Adoption of rules by Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services).
(2) Board means the Electrical and Elevator Board established under ORS 455.138 (Electrical and Elevator Board).
(3) Certified electrical product means an electrical product that is certified under ORS 479.760 (Certification of electrical products) and that is not decertified.
(4) Competent inspection service means an electrical inspection service of a city or county administered under ORS 455.148 (Comprehensive municipal building inspection programs) or 455.150 (Selective municipal building inspection programs) that employs electrical inspectors who are certified to meet standards under ORS 479.810 (Administration and enforcement).
(5) Commercial electrical air conditioning equipment means heating, cooling, refrigeration, dehumidifying, humidifying and filtering equipment used for climatizing or moving of air if used in commerce, industry or government and if installed in a place not accessible to the general public other than the switches regulating the operation of the equipment.
(6) Demarcation point means the place of interconnection between the communications cabling, terminal equipment or protective apparatus of the telecommunications service provider and the customers premises.
(7) Department means the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(8) Director means the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(9) Dwelling unit means one or more rooms for the use of one or more persons as a housekeeping unit with space for eating, living and sleeping and permanent provisions for cooking and sanitation.
(10) Electrical installations means the construction or installation of electrical wiring and the permanent attachment or installation of electrical products in or on any structure that is not itself an electrical product. Electrical installation also means the maintenance or repair of installed electrical wiring and permanently attached electrical products. Electrical installation does not include an oil module.
(11) Electrical product means any electrical equipment, material, device or apparatus that, except as provided in ORS 479.540 (Exemptions), requires a license or permit to install and either conveys or is operated by electrical current.
(12) Equipment means any material, fittings, devices, appliances, fixtures, apparatus or the like that are used as part of or in connection with an electrical installation.
(13) Field evaluation firm means an independent organization that provides:
(a) Evaluations or testing, or both; and
(b) Documentation regarding compliance with electrical product safety standards and with the electrical installation safety code.
(14) Industrial electrical equipment means electrical products used in industry or government that utilize electric energy for mechanical, chemical, heating, lighting or similar purposes, that are designed to service or produce a product and that are used directly in the production of the service or product.
(15) Installation label means an adhesive tag issued by governmental agencies that administer the Electrical Safety Law to licensed electrical contractors for application to those minor electrical installations for which the board by rule determines to be appropriate for random inspections.
(16) License means a permit issued by the department under ORS 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) authorizing the person whose name appears as licensee thereon to act as an electrical contractor, supervising electrician, journeyman electrician, electrical apprentice or limited elevator journeyman as indicated thereon.
(17) Minimum safety standards means safety standards prescribed by concurrence of the board and the director under ORS 479.730 (Adoption of rules by Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services).
(18) Multifamily dwelling means a building containing more than one dwelling unit.
(19) Oil module means a prefabricated structure manufactured to the specifications of the purchaser and used outside this state in the exploration for or processing or extraction of petroleum products.
(20) Permit means an official document or card issued by the enforcing agency to authorize performance of a specified electrical installation.
(21) Single family dwelling means a building consisting solely of one dwelling unit.
(22) Telecommunications service provider means a telecommunications carrier as defined in ORS 133.721 (Definitions for ORS 41.910 and 133.721 to 133.739) or a telecommunications utility or competitive telecommunications provider, both as defined in ORS 759.005 (Definitions).
(23) Uncertified product means any electrical product that is not an electrical product certified under ORS 479.760 (Certification of electrical products). [1959 c.406 §3; 1971 c.753 §55; 1973 c.834 §35; 1981 c.815 §4; 1983 c.733 §1; 1985 c.826 §3; 1987 c.414 §34; 1987 c.575 §4; 1987 c.874 §2; 1993 c.744 §118; 1995 c.706 §1; 1999 c.59 §159; 1999 c.1031 §1; 2001 c.573 §16; 2003 c.222 §1; 2003 c.299 §2; 2005 c.435 §2; 2007 c.271 §3; 2011 c.9 §67]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information