- • membership
- • terms
- • staff
(1) An advisory committee shall be created by the State Forester to advise and assist the State Forester in carrying out the programs required by ORS 477.013 (Smoke management plan), 477.515 (Permits required for fires on forestlands) and 477.552 (Policy) to 477.562 (Registration fee). The advisory committee shall consist of five members as set forth in subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(2) The following three members shall be appointed by the State Forester:
(a) One member representing a nonindustrial forest landowner;
(b) One member representing an industrial forest landowner; and
(c) One member representing the public.
(3) In addition to the members designated in subsection (2) of this section, representatives of the following federal agencies shall be invited to serve as members of the advisory committee:
(a) A representative of the United States Forest Service.
(b) A representative of the United States Bureau of Land Management.
(4) Each member of the advisory committee shall serve for a term of two years.
(5) Members of the advisory committee are entitled to compensation as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(6) A vacancy for any cause occurring before the expiration of a term shall be filled for the unexpired term by a person appointed by the State Forester.
(7) A staff member of the State Forestry Department shall be designated by the State Forester to serve as secretary for the committee. [1989 c.920 §4; 1997 c.274 §51]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.