Exemptions from criminal liability
Except as provided in ORS 475B.910 (Exceptions to exemption from criminal liability), a person engaged in or assisting in the medical use of marijuana is exempt from the criminal laws of this state for possession, delivery or manufacture of marijuana, aiding and abetting another in the possession, delivery or manufacture of marijuana, or any other criminal offense in which possession, delivery or manufacture of marijuana is an element if:
(1) The person holds a registry identification card.
(2) The person has applied for a registry identification card under ORS 475B.797 (Registry identification cardholders) and the person has proof of written documentation described in ORS 475B.797 (Registry identification cardholders) (2)(a) and proof of the date on which the person submitted the application to the Oregon Health Authority. An exemption under this subsection applies only until the authority approves or denies the application.
(3) The person is designated as a primary caregiver under ORS 475B.804 (Designated primary caregivers).
(4) The person is responsible for or is employed by a marijuana grow site registered under ORS 475B.810 (Marijuana grow site registration system).
(5) The person owns, is responsible for, or is employed by, a marijuana processing site.
(6) The person owns, is responsible for, or is employed by, a medical marijuana dispensary. [Formerly 475B.475]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.