Identification for purchasing
- • restrictions on use of information
(1) As used in this section, “information that may be used to identify a consumer” means information that may be acquired through the production of a piece of identification as described in ORS 475B.216 (Identification requirement), whether the information is contained in a piece of identification described in ORS 475B.216 (Identification requirement) or in a different document or record.
(2) A consumer may not be required to procure for the purpose of acquiring or purchasing a marijuana item a piece of identification other than:
(a) A piece of identification described in ORS 475B.216 (Identification requirement); and
(b) If the consumer is a registry identification cardholder, as defined in ORS 475B.791 (Definitions for ORS 475B.785 to 475B.949), a registry identification card, as defined in ORS 475B.791 (Definitions for ORS 475B.785 to 475B.949).
(3) A marijuana retailer may not record and retain any information that may be used to identify a consumer, except as necessary to make deliveries to consumers pursuant to ORS 475B.206 (Restrictions on delivery or receipt) (3), as required by any rules adopted under ORS 475B.206 (Restrictions on delivery or receipt) (3).
(4) A marijuana retailer may not transfer any information that may be used to identify a consumer to any other person.
(5)(a) Notwithstanding subsection (3) of this section, a marijuana retailer may record and retain the name and contact information of a consumer for the purpose of notifying the consumer of services that the marijuana retailer provides or of discounts, coupons and other marketing information if:
(A) The marijuana retailer asks the consumer whether the marijuana retailer may record and retain the information; and
(B) The consumer consents to the recording and retention of the information.
(b) This subsection does not authorize a marijuana retailer to transfer information that may be used to identify a consumer.
(6) This section does not apply to deidentified information the documentation and transfer of which is required by the Department of Revenue for purposes of ORS 475B.707 (Exemption from tax on retail sale of marijuana items). [2017 c.18 §2; 2017 c.476 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.