Production for medical purposes
- • rules
(1) To produce marijuana for medical purposes, a marijuana producer that holds a license issued under ORS 475B.070 (Production license) must register with the Oregon Liquor Control Commission under this section.
(2) The commission shall register a marijuana producer for the purpose of producing marijuana for medical purposes if the marijuana producer:
(a) Holds a license issued under ORS 475B.070 (Production license);
(b) Meets any qualifications adopted by the commission by rule;
(c) Applies to the commission in a form and manner prescribed by the commission; and
(d) Pays any fee adopted by the commission by rule.
(3) Subject to subsection (4) of this section, a marijuana producer registered under this section may produce marijuana plants on a medically designated grow canopy in addition to producing marijuana plants on the grow canopy allowed under rules adopted under ORS 475B.085 (Marijuana plant grow canopies). The commission shall specify the size of medically designated grow canopies by rule, provided that the size of any medically designated grow canopy does not exceed 10 percent of the total size of both the medically designated grow canopy and the grow canopy allowed under rules adopted under ORS 475B.085 (Marijuana plant grow canopies) at the time that the marijuana producer applies for registration under this section.
(4) A marijuana producer registered under this section must provide, for no consideration, at least 75 percent of the annual yield of usable marijuana harvested from the marijuana producer’s medically designated grow canopy to registry identification cardholders and designated primary caregivers.
(5) A marijuana producer registered under this section may not, during a single transaction, provide a registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of a registry identification cardholder an amount of usable marijuana that exceeds the amount of usable marijuana that a registry identification cardholder and a designated primary caregiver may jointly possess under ORS 475B.834 (Possession limits for usable marijuana).
(6)(a) The commission shall adopt rules necessary to administer this section.
(b) The rules must establish sanctions for failure to meet the requirements of this section or a rule adopted under this section, including revocation of permission for the marijuana producer’s medically designated grow canopy.
(c) The rules must provide that any fee adopted by the commission under subsection (2)(d) of this section be in an amount reasonably calculated to not exceed, together with other fees collected under ORS 475B.010 (Short title) to 475B.545 (Severability of ORS 475B.010 to 475B.545), the cost of administering ORS 475B.010 (Short title) to 475B.545 (Severability of ORS 475B.010 to 475B.545). [2016 c.83 §2; 2017 c.183 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.