Authority to control schedule
- • rules
(1) In arriving at any decision on changes in or addition to classification when changes or additions are proposed by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration or by any other reliable source, the State Board of Pharmacy shall review the scientific knowledge available regarding the substance, its pharmacological effects, patterns of use and misuse, and potential consequences of abuse, and consider the judgment of individuals with training and experience with the substance.
(2) Whenever the board determines that a change in or an addition to the schedule of a controlled substance is justified, the board by rule may order the change and fix the effective date thereof.
(3) If a substance is an ingredient of a controlled substance, the ingredient shall be considered to be in the same schedule as that controlled substance. Substances which are precursors of the ingredient shall not be subject to control solely because they are precursors of the ingredient. The use of the term precursor in this subsection does not control and is not controlled by the use of the term precursor in ORS 475.752 (Prohibited acts generally) to 475.980 (Affirmative defense to ORS 475.969, 475.971, 475.975 (1) and 475.976 (1)).
(4) The board shall administer ORS 475.005 (Definitions for ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.752 to 475.980) to 475.285 (Short title) and 475.752 (Prohibited acts generally) to 475.980 (Affirmative defense to ORS 475.969, 475.971, 475.975 (1) and 475.976 (1)) in accordance with ORS chapter 183.
(5) Authority to control under this section does not extend to tobacco or to alcoholic beverages as defined in ORS 471.001 (Definitions for ORS chapters 471 and 473). [1977 c.745 §5; 1981 c.666 §2; 1987 c.657 §9; 1995 c.301 §31; 1995 c.440 §23; 2001 c.615 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information