2017 ORS 471.375¹
  • requirements
  • fee

This section is amended
Effective January 1, 2020
Relating to Alcohol Education Program funding; amending ORS 471.375 and 471.542.

(1) Any person who has not had a permit refused or revoked or whose permit is not under suspension may mix, sell or serve alcoholic beverages as provided under subsection (3) of this section if the person prepares in duplicate an application for a service permit prior to mixing, selling or serving any alcoholic beverage for consumption on licensed premises. Until a person who has prepared an application under this subsection receives a service permit, the licensee for the premises shall make a copy of the application available for immediate inspection by any regulatory specialist or by any other peace officer.

(2) An applicant for a service permit must be 18 years of age or over. Application for a service permit shall be made on a form acceptable to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. The applicant shall truly answer all questions, provide any further information required and pay a fee not to exceed $50. The commission shall either set the fee to cover only the administrative costs of the service permit program, or apply any excess to the Alcohol Education Program established under ORS 471.541 (Alcohol Education Program).

(3) An applicant described in subsection (1) of this section may:

(a) Participate in the mixing, selling or service of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where served or sold; and

(b) Participate in the dispensing of malt beverages, wine or cider sold in securely covered containers provided by the consumer. [1979 c.788 §4; 1981 c.610 §5; 1987 c.511 §6; 1989 c.271 §2; 2001 c.785 §7; 2009 c.39 §1; 2012 c.54 §3; 2013 c.537 §7; 2015 c.614 §162; 2017 c.533 §14]

Chapter 471

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Employ­ment by OLCC of staff member as “hearings advocate” at certain OLCC contested case hearings, (1983) Vol 44, p 1

Law Review Cita­tions

16 WLR 479 (1979)

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 471—Alcoholic Liquors Generally, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors471.­html (2017) (last ac­cessed Mar. 30, 2018).
2 Legislative Counsel Committee, Annotations to the Oregon Revised Stat­utes, Cumulative Supplement - 2017, Chapter 471, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ano471.­html (2017) (last ac­cessed Mar. 30, 2018).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.