Temporary sales license
- • rules
(1) The holder of a temporary sales license may:
(a) Sell at retail by the drink wine, malt beverages, cider and distilled liquor.
(b) Sell for consumption off the licensed premises wine, malt beverages and cider in factory-sealed containers.
(c) Sell for consumption off the licensed premises wine, malt beverages and cider in securely covered containers supplied by the consumer and having capacities of not more than two gallons each.
(2) Distilled liquor served by the holder of a temporary sales license must be purchased from a retail sales agent of the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. The holder of a temporary sales license must provide food service as required by commission rule.
(3) A temporary sales license may be issued only to:
(a) Nonprofit or charitable organizations that are registered with the state.
(b) A political committee that has filed a statement of organization under ORS 260.039 (Content of statement of organization of candidate or principal campaign committee) or 260.042 (Content of statement of organization of political committee).
(c) State agencies.
(d) Local governments, and agencies and departments of local governments.
(e) Persons not otherwise described in this subsection, as long as the applicant submits a plan that is approved by the commission detailing how minors will be prevented from gaining access to alcoholic beverages and how minors will be prevented from gaining access to any portion of the licensed premises prohibited to minors under ORS 471.430 (Purchase or possession of alcoholic beverages by person under 21) (3) or any rule adopted by the commission.
(4) The commission may by rule establish additional eligibility requirements for temporary sales licenses.
(5) Subject to such qualifications as the commission may establish by rule, persons who hold a full or limited on-premises sales license are eligible for temporary sales licenses.
(6) A person holding a temporary sales license is not required to obtain an intermittent temporary restaurant, seasonal temporary restaurant, single-event temporary restaurant license or mobile unit license under ORS chapter 624 if only wine, malt beverages and cider in single-service containers are served and only nonperishable food items that are exempted from licensure by the Oregon Health Authority are served.
(7) Employees and volunteers serving alcoholic beverages for a nonprofit or charitable organization licensed under this section are not required to have service permits or to complete an alcohol server education program and examination under ORS 471.542 (Alcohol server education course and examination). The commission by rule may establish education requirements for servers described in this subsection.
(8) Notwithstanding ORS 471.392 (Definitions for ORS 471.392 to 471.400) to 471.400 (Exceptions to prohibition of financial assistance), a temporary sales license may be issued to a nonprofit trade association that has a membership primarily composed of persons that hold winery licenses issued under ORS 471.223 (Winery license) or grower sales privilege licenses issued under ORS 471.227 (Grower sales privilege license). [1999 c.351 §7; 2001 c.263 §1; 2007 c.443 §2; 2009 c.595 §957; 2011 c.9 §63; 2011 c.664 §16; 2013 c.537 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.