Security for loan
(1)(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, when a loan is made under this chapter to an applicant other than a municipal corporation, the loan shall be secured pursuant to a mortgage, trust deed, security agreement, pledge, assignment or similar instrument, by a security interest or lien on real or personal property in the full amount of the loan or as the Director of the State Department of Energy shall require for adequate security, including but not limited to long-term leasehold interests or equitable interests in real property or personal property. In lieu of, or in addition to, any of the collateral otherwise described in this paragraph, the applicant may secure the loan by providing credit enhancement, including but not limited to a letter of credit or payment bond, or a guaranty acceptable to the director.
(b) To the extent consistent with any declaration, pledge or agreement for bonds issued under ORS 470.220 (Issuance of bonds) to 470.290 (Bond indebtedness limited to constitutional limit), an energy efficiency and sustainable technology loan shall be secured as provided in ORS 470.680 (State Department of Energy to identify forms of acceptable security) or 470.685 (Recording liens).
(2) When a loan is made to a municipal corporation for the development of a small scale local energy project under this chapter, the loan shall be secured as the director shall require for adequate security. The security may be in the form of a lien, mortgage, interest under a lease-purchase contract or other form of security acceptable to the director and the municipal corporation.
(3) When a loan made under this chapter is secured by a lien on the real property of the applicant, the director shall perfect the lien by recording as provided by law.
(4) Upon payment of all amounts loaned to an applicant pursuant to this chapter, the director shall file a satisfaction or release notice that indicates repayment of the loan.
(5) The director may cause to be instituted appropriate proceedings to foreclose liens for delinquent loan payments, and shall pay the proceeds of any such foreclosure, less the director’s expenses incurred in foreclosing, into the Small Scale Local Energy Project Administration and Bond Sinking Fund if the loan was issued from the Small Scale Local Energy Project Loan Fund, or into the Energy Project Bond Loan Fund if the loan was from the Energy Project Bond Loan Fund. In a foreclosure proceeding the director may bid on property offered for sale in the proceedings and may acquire title to the property on behalf of the state.
(6) The director may take any action, make any disbursement, hold any funds or institute any action or proceeding necessary to protect the state’s interest.
(7) The director may settle, compromise or release, for reasons other than uncollectibility as provided in ORS 293.240 (Writing off uncollectible debts due state agency), all or part of any loan obligation so long as the director’s action is consistent with the purposes of this chapter and does not impair the ability to pay the administrative expenses of the State Department of Energy or the obligations of any bonds then outstanding. [1979 c.672 §9; 1981 c.50 §5; 1983 c.188 §4; 1987 c.365 §3; 1999 c.365 §9; 2001 c.584 §10; 2003 c.186 §66; 2009 c.753 §66]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.