Definitions for ORS 469B.100 to 469B.118
- • rules
(1) Alternative energy device means a category one alternative energy device or a category two alternative energy device.
(2) Alternative fuel device includes a facility for mixing, storing, compressing or dispensing fuels for alternative fuel vehicles, and any other necessary and reasonable equipment.
(3) Category one alternative energy device means:
(a) Any system, mechanism or series of mechanisms that uses solar radiation for space heating or cooling for one or more dwellings;
(b) Any system that uses solar radiation for:
(A) Domestic water heating; or
(B) Swimming pool, spa or hot tub heating and that meets the requirements set forth in ORS 316.116 (Credit for alternative energy device);
(c) A ground source heat pump and ground loop system;
(d) Any wind powered device used to offset or supplement the use of electricity by performing a specific task such as pumping water;
(e) Equipment used in the production of alternative fuels;
(f) A generator powered by alternative fuels and used to produce electricity;
(g) An energy efficient appliance;
(h) An alternative fuel device; or
(i) A premium efficiency biomass combustion device that includes a dedicated outside combustion air source and that meets minimum performance standards that are established by the State Department of Energy.
(4) Category two alternative energy device means a fuel cell system, solar electric system or wind electric system.
(5) Coefficient of performance means the ratio calculated by dividing the usable output energy by the electrical input energy. Both energy values must be expressed in equivalent units.
(6) Contractor means a person whose trade or business consists of offering for sale an alternative energy device, construction service, installation service or design service.
(7) Cost means the actual cost of the acquisition, construction and installation of the alternative energy device.
(8) Domestic water heating means the heating of water used in a dwelling for bathing, clothes washing, dishwashing and other related functions.
(9) Dwelling means real or personal property ordinarily inhabited as a principal or secondary residence and located within this state. Dwelling includes, but is not limited to, an individual unit within multiple unit residential housing.
(10) Energy efficient appliance includes emerging technologies that exceed state and federal appliance standards.
(11) First year energy yield of an alternative energy device is the usable energy produced or energy saved under average environmental conditions in one year.
(12) Fuel cell system means any system, mechanism or series of mechanisms that uses fuel cells or fuel cell technology to generate electrical energy for a dwelling.
(13) Placed in service means the date an alternative energy device is ready and available to produce usable energy or save energy.
(14) Solar electric system means any system, mechanism or series of mechanisms, including photovoltaic systems, that uses solar radiation to generate electrical energy for a dwelling.
(15) Third-party alternative energy device installation means an alternative energy device that is installed in connection with residential property and owned by a person other than the residential property owner in accordance with an agreement in effect for at least 10 years between the residential property owner and the alternative energy device owner. The agreement must cover maintenance and either the use of or the power generated by the alternative energy device.
(16) Wind electric system means any system, mechanism or series of mechanisms that uses wind to generate electrical energy for a dwelling. [Formerly 469.160; 2015 c.701 §28]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information