Conflicts of interest prohibited
(1) A Pacific Northwest Electric Power and Conservation Planning Council member or member of the council member’s household may not own or have any beneficial interest in any stock or indebtedness of any utility or direct service industry.
(2) A council member or a member of the council member’s household may not be a director, officer, agent or employee of any utility or direct service industry.
(3) A council member or a member of the council member’s household may not be a director, officer, agent or employee of or hold any proprietary interest in any consulting firm that does business with any utility or direct service industry.
(4) A council member or a member of the council member’s household may not receive any compensation from any utility or direct service industry arising out of the member’s business, trade or profession.
(5) A council member is a public official subject to the provisions and reporting requirements of ORS chapter 244.
(6) A council member must be a citizen of the United States and must have resided in the State of Oregon for at least one year preceding appointment.
(7) A council member may not hold any other elected or appointed lucrative public office or be principally engaged in any other business or vocation.
(8) As used in this section:
(a) “Beneficial interest” does not include an interest in a pension fund, a mutual fund or an insurance fund.
(b) “Consulting firm” means any corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship whose principal business is providing personal services.
(c) “Member of the household” means any relative who resides with the council member.
(d) “Relative” means the spouse of the council member, any children of the council member or of the council member’s spouse, and brothers, sisters or parents of the council member or of the council member’s spouse.
(e) “Utility or direct service industry” means a utility or direct service industry customer that purchases electrical energy directly from the Bonneville Power Administration. [1981 c.49 §3; 1987 c.566 §23; 2007 c.865 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information