Definitions for ORS 469.710 to 469.720
(1) Annual rate means the yearly interest rate specified on the note, and is not the annual percentage rate, if any, disclosed to the applicant to comply with the federal Truth in Lending Act.
(2) Commercial lending institution means any bank, mortgage banking company, trust company, savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, national banking association, federal savings and loan association or federal credit union maintaining an office in this state.
(3) Cost-effective means that an energy conservation measure that provides or saves a specific amount of energy during its life cycle results in the lowest present value of delivered energy costs of any available alternative. However, the present value of the delivered energy costs of an energy conservation measure may not be treated as greater than that of a nonconservation energy resource or facility unless that cost is greater than 110 percent of the present value of the delivered energy cost of the nonconservation energy resource or facility.
(4) Dwelling means real or personal property within the state inhabited as the principal residence of a dwelling owner or a tenant. Dwelling includes a manufactured dwelling as defined in ORS 446.003 (Definitions for ORS 446.003 to 446.200 and 446.225 to 446.285 and ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227), a floating home as defined in ORS 830.700 (Definitions for ORS 830.060 to 830.140 and 830.700 to 830.870) and a single unit in multiple-unit residential housing. Dwelling does not include a recreational vehicle as defined in ORS 174.101 (Manufactured structure, recreational vehicle defined).
(5) Dwelling owner means the person who has legal title to a dwelling, including the mortgagor under a duly recorded mortgage of real property, the trustor under a duly recorded deed of trust or a purchaser under a duly recorded contract for purchase of real property.
(6) Energy audit means:
(a) The measurement and analysis of the heat loss and energy utilization efficiency of a dwelling;
(b) An analysis of the energy savings and dollar savings potential that would result from providing energy conservation measures for the dwelling;
(c) An estimate of the cost of the energy conservation measures that includes:
(A) Labor for the installation of items designed to improve the space heating and energy utilization efficiency of the dwelling; and
(B) The items installed; and
(d) A preliminary assessment, including feasibility and a range of costs, of the potential and opportunity for installation of:
(A) Passive solar space heating and solar domestic water heating in the dwelling; and
(B) Solar swimming pool heating, if applicable.
(7) Energy conservation measures means measures that include the installation of items and the items installed that are primarily designed to improve the space heating and energy utilization efficiency of a dwelling. These items include, but are not limited to, caulking, weatherstripping and other infiltration preventative materials, ceiling and wall insulation, crawl space insulation, vapor barrier materials, timed thermostats, insulation of heating ducts, hot water pipes and water heaters in unheated spaces, storm doors and windows, double glazed windows and dehumidifiers. Energy conservation measures does not include the dwelling owners own labor.
(8) Finance charge means the total of all interest, loan fees and other charges related to the cost of obtaining credit and includes any interest on any loan fees financed by the lending institution.
(9) Fuel oil dealer means a person, association, corporation or any other form of organization that supplies fuel oil at retail for the space heating of dwellings.
(10) Residential fuel oil customer means a dwelling owner or tenant who is billed by a fuel oil dealer for fuel oil service for space heating received at the dwelling.
(11) Space heating means the heating of living space within a dwelling.
(12) Wood heating resident means a person whose primary space heating is provided by the combustion of wood. [1981 c.894 §22; 1987 c.749 §5; 1989 c.648 §69; 2005 c.22 §342; 2019 c.422 §36]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information