Energy efficiency ratings
- • public information
- • single family residence defined
(1) The Residential and Manufactured Structures Board or the Construction Industry Energy Board, after public hearing and subject to the approval of the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, shall adopt a recommended voluntary energy efficiency rating system for single family residences and provide the State Department of Energy with a copy thereof.
(2) The rating system shall provide a single numerical value or other simple concise means to measure the energy efficiency of any single family residence, taking into account factors including, but not limited to, the heat loss characteristics of ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors and heating ducts.
(3) Upon adoption of the rating system under subsections (1) and (2) of this section, the department shall publicize the availability of the system, and encourage its voluntary use in real estate transactions.
(4) As used in subsections (1) to (3) of this section, single family residence means a structure designed as a residence for one family and sharing no common wall with another residence of any type. [1977 c.413 §§1,2,3; 1993 c.744 §113; 2003 c.675 §44; 2009 c.567 §§9,22]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information