Indemnity for claims against state insurance coverage certification
- • reimbursement for costs incurred in nuclear incident
(1) A person transporting radioactive materials in this state shall indemnify the State of Oregon and its political subdivisions and agents for any claims arising from the release of radioactive material during that transportation and pay for the cost of response to an accident involving the radioactive material.
(2) With respect to radioactive materials, the Director of the State Department of Energy shall ascertain and certify that insurance coverage required under 42 U.S.C. 2210 is in force and effect at the time the permit is issued under ORS 469.605 (Permit to transport required).
(3) A person who owns, designs or maintains facilities, structures, vehicles or equipment used for handling, transportation, shipment, storage or disposal of nuclear material shall reimburse the state for all expenses reasonably incurred by the state or a political subdivision of the state, in protecting the public health and safety and the environment from a nuclear incident or the imminent danger of a nuclear incident caused by the person’s acts or omissions. These expenses include but need not be limited to, costs incurred for precautionary evacuations, emergency response measures and decontamination or other cleanup measures. As used in this subsection “nuclear incident” has the meaning given that term in 42 U.S.C. 2014(q).
(4) Nothing in subsection (3) of this section shall affect any provision of subsection (1) or (2) of this section. [1981 c.707 §11; 1987 c.705 §9; 1989 c.6 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.