Storage of high-level radioactive waste after expiration of license prohibited
- • continuing responsibility for storage
- • implementation agreements
(1) Notwithstanding the definition of a “waste disposal facility” under ORS 469.300 (Definitions), no high-level radioactive waste should be stored at the site of a nuclear-fueled thermal power plant after the expiration of the operating license issued to the nuclear power plant by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a person operating a nuclear power plant under a license issued by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission shall remain responsible for proper temporary storage of high-level radioactive materials at the site of the nuclear power plant after termination of a license and until such materials are removed from the site for permanent storage.
(3) The State Department of Energy and the operators of nuclear-fueled thermal plants shall pursue agreements with the United States Department of Energy and the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission to fulfill the provisions of this section. [1985 c.434 §2; 1991 c.480 §11; 1993 c.569 §28; 1995 c.505 §24; 2001 c.134 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.