Reductions or curtailment of operations for violation of safety standards
- • notice
- • time period for repairs
- • transport and disposal of radioactive materials
(1) In instances where the Director of the State Department of Energy determines either from the monitoring or surveillance of the director that there is danger of violation of a safety standard adopted under ORS 469.501 (Energy facility siting, construction, operation and retirement standards) from the continued operation of a plant or installation, the director may order temporary reductions or curtailment of operations until such time as proper safety precautions can be taken.
(2) An order of reduction or curtailment shall be entered only after notice to the thermal power plant or installation and only after a reasonable time, considering the extent of the danger, has been allowed for repairs or other alterations that would bring the plant or installation into conformity with applicable safety standards.
(3) The director may order compliance or impose other safety conditions on the transport or disposal of radioactive materials or wastes if the director believes that ORS 469.300 (Definitions) to 469.619 (State Department of Energy to make federal regulations available) and 469.930 (Northwest Interstate Compact on Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management) or rules adopted pursuant thereto are being violated or are in danger of being violated. [Formerly 453.545; 1989 c.6 §2; 1993 c.569 §26; 2003 c.186 §31]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.