- • purpose
- • rules
(1) Of the moneys available to the Department of Environmental Quality to award as grants under ORS 468B.169 (Requests for funding, advice or assistance for ground water projects), not more than one-third shall be awarded for funding of projects directly related to issues pertaining to a ground water management area.
(2) The department may award grants for the following purposes:
(a) Research in areas related to ground water including but not limited to hydrogeology, ground water quality, alternative residential, industrial and agricultural practices;
(b) Demonstration projects related to ground water including but not limited to hydrogeology, ground water quality, alternative residential, industrial and agricultural practices;
(c) Educational programs that help attain the goal set forth in ORS 468B.155 (State goal to prevent ground water contamination); and
(d) Incentives to persons who implement innovative alternative practices that demonstrate increased protection of the ground water resource of Oregon.
(3) Funding priority shall be given to proposals that show promise of preventing or reducing ground water contamination caused by nonpoint source activities.
(4) In awarding grants for research under subsection (2) of this section, the department shall specify that not more than 10 percent of the grant may be used to pay indirect costs. The exact amount of a grant that may be used by an institution for such costs may be determined by the department.
(5) In accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the Environmental Quality Commission shall adopt by rule guidelines and criteria for awarding grants under this section. [Formerly 536.133]
Note: See note under 468B.150 (Definitions for ORS 468B.150 to 468B.190).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.