Use of sludge on agricultural, horticultural or silvicultural land
- • rules
The Environmental Quality Commission shall adopt by rule requirements for the use of sludge on agricultural, horticultural or silvicultural land including, but not limited to:
(1) Procedure and criteria for selecting sludge application sites, including providing the opportunity for public comment and public hearing;
(2) Requirements for sludge treatment and processing before sludge is applied;
(3) Methods and minimum frequency for analyzing sludge and soil to which sludge is applied;
(4) Records that a sludge applicator must keep;
(5) Restrictions on public access to and cropping of land on which sludge has been applied; and
(6) Any other requirement necessary to protect surface water, ground water, public health and soil productivity from any adverse effects resulting from sludge application. [Formerly 468.778]
Note: 468B.095 (Use of sludge on agricultural, horticultural or silvicultural land) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 468B or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.