- • rules
(1) The Environmental Quality Commission by rule shall provide for accreditation of courses that satisfy training requirements contractors must comply with to qualify for an asbestos abatement license under ORS 468A.720 (Qualifications for license) and courses that workers must successfully complete to become certified under ORS 468A.730 (Worker certificate required).
(2) The accreditation requirements established by the commission under subsection (1) of this section shall reflect the level of training that a course provider must offer to satisfy the licensing requirements under ORS 468A.720 (Qualifications for license) and the certification requirements under ORS 468A.730 (Worker certificate required).
(3) In order to be accredited under subsection (1) of this section, a training course shall include at a minimum material relating to:
(a) The characteristics and uses of asbestos and the associated health hazards;
(b) Local, state and federal standards relating to asbestos abatement work practices;
(c) Methods to protect personal and public health from asbestos hazards;
(d) Air monitoring;
(e) Safe and proper asbestos abatement techniques; and
(f) Proper disposal of waste containing asbestos.
(4) In addition to the requirements under subsection (3) of this section, the person providing a training course for which accreditation is sought shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Department of Environmental Quality the ability and proficiency to conduct the training.
(5) Any person providing accredited asbestos abatement training shall make available to the department for audit purposes, at no cost to the department, all course materials, records and access to training sessions.
(6) Applications for accreditation and renewals of accreditation shall be submitted according to procedures established by rule by the commission.
(7) The department may suspend or revoke training course accreditation if the provider fails to meet and maintain any standard established by the commission.
(8) The commission by rule shall establish provisions to allow a worker or contractor trained in another state to use training in other states to satisfy Oregon licensing and certification requirements, if the commission finds that the training received in the other state would meet the requirements of this section. [Formerly 468.891]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.