Worker certificate required
- • qualifications
- • renewal application
- • suspension or revocation
(1) Except as provided in ORS 468A.707 (Asbestos abatement program) (1)(c) and (3), after the Environmental Quality Commission adopts rules under ORS 468A.745 (Rules), no worker shall work on an asbestos abatement project unless the person holds a certificate issued by the Department of Environmental Quality or the department’s authorized representative under subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The department or an authorized representative of the department shall issue an asbestos abatement certificate to a worker who successfully completes an accredited asbestos abatement training course approved by the department.
(3) If the commission determines there is a need for a category of workers to update the workers’ training in order to meet new or changed conditions, the commission may require the worker, as a condition of certificate renewal, to successfully complete an accredited asbestos abatement review course.
(4) A worker or the facility owner or operator shall submit an application for an asbestos abatement certificate and renewal of a certificate according to procedures established by rule by the Environmental Quality Commission.
(5) The department may suspend or revoke a certificate if a worker fails to comply with applicable health and safety rules or standards. [Formerly 468.887]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.