Definitions for ORS 468A.700 to 468A.760
(1) “Accredited” means a provider of asbestos abatement training courses is authorized by the Department of Environmental Quality to offer training courses that satisfy department requirements for contractor licensing and worker training.
(2) “Agent” means an individual who works on an asbestos abatement project for a contractor but is not an employee of the contractor.
(3) “Asbestos” means the asbestiform varieties of serpentine (chrysotile), riebeckite (crocidolite), cummungtonite-grunerite (amosite), anthophyllite, actinolite and tremolite.
(4) “Asbestos abatement project” means any demolition, renovation, repair, construction or maintenance activity of any public or private facility that involves the repair, enclosure, encapsulation, removal, salvage, handling or disposal of any material with the potential of releasing asbestos fibers from asbestos-containing material into the air.
(5) “Asbestos-containing material” means any material containing more than one percent asbestos by weight.
(6) “Contractor” means a person that undertakes for compensation an asbestos abatement project for another person. As used in this subsection, “compensation” means wages, salaries, commissions and any other form of remuneration paid to a person for personal services.
(7) “Facility” means all or part of any public or private building, structure, installation, equipment, vehicle or vessel, including but not limited to ships.
(8) “Friable asbestos material” means any asbestos-containing material that hand pressure can crumble, pulverize or reduce to powder when dry.
(9) “Person” means an individual, public or private corporation, nonprofit corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint venture, business trust, joint stock company, municipal corporation, political subdivision, the state and any agency of the state or any other entity, public or private, however organized.
(10) “Trained worker” means a person who has successfully completed specified training in and can demonstrate knowledge of the health and safety aspects of working with asbestos.
(11) “Worker” means an employee or agent of a contractor or facility owner or operator. [Formerly 468.875]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.