(1) “Biodiesel” means a motor vehicle fuel consisting of mono-alkyl esters of long chain fatty acids derived from vegetable oils, animal fats or other nonpetroleum resources, not including palm oil.
(2) “Clean fuels program” means the program adopted by rule by the Environmental Quality Commission under ORS 468A.266 (Low carbon fuel standards) (1)(b).
(3) “Compliance period” means the calendar year during which a regulated party must demonstrate compliance with the low carbon fuel standards through participation in the clean fuels program.
(4) “Credit” means a unit of measure generated when a fuel with a carbon intensity that is less than the applicable low carbon fuel standard is produced, imported or dispensed for use in Oregon, such that one credit is equal to one metric ton of carbon dioxide equivalent.
(5) “Credit aggregator” means a person who voluntarily registers to participate in the clean fuels program to facilitate credit generation on behalf of a credit generator and to trade credits with regulated parties, credit generators and other credit aggregators.
(6) “Credit generator” means a person eligible to generate credits by providing fuels for use in Oregon with carbon intensities less than the applicable low carbon fuel standard.
(7) “Deferral” means a delay or change in the applicability of a scheduled applicable low carbon fuel standard for a period of time, accomplished pursuant to an order issued under ORS 468A.273 (Forecast deferral) or 468A.274 (Emergency deferral).
(8) “Deficit” means a unit of measure generated when a fuel with a carbon intensity that is more than the applicable low carbon fuel standard is produced, imported or dispensed for use in Oregon, such that one deficit is equal to one metric ton of carbon dioxide equivalent.
(9) “Greenhouse gas” has the meaning given that term in ORS 468A.210 (Definitions for ORS 352.247 and 468A.200 to 468A.260).
(10) “Low carbon fuel standard” means a standard adopted by the commission by rule under ORS 468A.266 (Low carbon fuel standards) for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, on average, per unit of fuel energy.
(11) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning given that term in ORS 801.360 (“Motor vehicle”).
(12) “Regulated party” means a person responsible for complying with the low carbon fuel standards.
(13) “Small deficit” means a net deficit balance at the end of a compliance period, after retirement of all credits held by a regulated party, that does not exceed a percentage set by the commission by rule of the total number of deficits that the regulated party generated for a compliance period and that may not be greater than 10 percent of the total number of deficits that the regulated party generated for a compliance period. [2017 c.750 §159]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.