Oregon Global Warming Commission
- • appointment
- • term
- • vacancies
- • expenses of members
(1) There is created the Oregon Global Warming Commission. The commission shall consist of 25 members, including 11 voting members appointed by the Governor under this section and 14 ex officio nonvoting members specified in ORS 468A.220 (Ex officio nonvoting members).
(2) Members of the commission appointed under this section shall be appointed so as to be representative of the social, environmental, cultural and economic diversity of the state and to be representative of the policy, science, education and implementation elements of the efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to prepare Oregon for the effects of global warming. Of the members appointed by the Governor under this section:
(a) One member shall have significant experience in manufacturing;
(b) One member shall have significant experience in energy;
(c) One member shall have significant experience in transportation;
(d) One member shall have significant experience in forestry;
(e) One member shall have significant experience in agriculture; and
(f) One member shall have significant experience in environmental policy.
(3) The Governor shall select a chairperson and a vice chairperson from among the members appointed under this section.
(4) The term of office of a member appointed under this section is four years. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 31 next following. A member appointed under this section is eligible for reappointment. In case of vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The members of the commission appointed under this section must be residents of this state. Failure of a member to maintain compliance with the eligibility requirements related to the member’s appointment shall result in disqualification from serving on the commission.
(6) Voting members of the commission appointed under this section are entitled to expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2). [2007 c.907 §4]
Note: See note under 468A.200 (Legislative findings).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information