State remedial action costs
- • payment
- • effect of failure to pay
(1) The Department of Environmental Quality shall keep a record of the state’s remedial action costs.
(2) Based on the record compiled by the department under subsection (1) of this section, the department shall require any person liable under ORS 465.255 (Strict liability for remedial action costs for injury or destruction of natural resource) or 465.260 (Removal or remedial action) to pay the amount of the state’s remedial action costs and, if applicable, punitive damages.
(3) If the state’s remedial action costs and punitive damages are not paid by the liable person to the department within 45 days after receipt of notice that such costs and damages are due and owing, the Attorney General, at the request of the Director of the Department of Environmental Quality, shall bring an action in the name of the State of Oregon in a court of competent jurisdiction to recover the amount owed, plus reasonable legal expenses.
(4) All moneys received by the department under this section shall be deposited in the Hazardous Substance Remedial Action Fund established under ORS 465.381 (Hazardous Substance Remedial Action Fund) if the moneys received pertain to a removal or remedial action taken at any facility. [Formerly 466.580]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.