Definitions for ORS 459A.650 to 459A.665
(1) “Package” means any container used to protect, store, contain, transport, display or sell products.
(2) “Package manufacturer” means the producer or generator of a rigid plastic container for a packaged product that is sold or offered for sale in Oregon.
(3) “Product-associated package” means a brand-specific rigid plastic container line, which may have one or more sizes, shapes or designs and which is used in conjunction with a particular, generic product line.
(4) “Product manufacturer” means the producer or generator of a packaged product that is sold or offered for sale in Oregon in a rigid plastic container.
(5) “Recycled content” means the portion of a package’s weight that is composed of recycled material, as determined by a material balance approach that calculates total recycled material input as a percentage of total material input in the manufacture of the package.
(6) “Recycled material” means a material that would otherwise be destined for solid waste disposal, having completed its intended end use or product life cycle. Recycled material does not include materials and by-products generated from, and commonly reused within, an original manufacturing and fabrication process.
(7) “Rigid plastic container” means any package composed predominantly of plastic resin which has a relatively inflexible finite shape or form with a minimum capacity of eight ounces and a maximum capacity of five gallons, and that is capable of maintaining its shape while holding other products. [1991 c.385 §34a; 1993 c.560 §96; 1993 c.568 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.