Provision of materials to local governments
- • commercial generator recovery rate goal
(1) The Department of Environmental Quality shall work with local government units to provide educational and promotional materials that local government units may distribute to commercial generators of solid waste. The educational and promotional materials should be targeted to businesses and include reasons to recycle, including economic benefits, common barriers to recycling and solutions to the barriers, additional resources for commercial generators and other information designed to assist and encourage meeting the state’s 55 percent recovery rate.
(2) Each wasteshed is encouraged to involve local business organizations in publicly recognizing outstanding recycling efforts by commercial generators of solid waste. The recognition may include awards designed to provide additional incentives to increase recycling efforts.
(3) Each commercial generator of solid waste shall strive to achieve 55 percent recovery from its solid waste stream by 2025.
(4) The Legislative Assembly encourages local government units that have chosen to implement commercial recycling programs to evaluate the effectiveness of those programs. The effectiveness of a program may be determined by measuring solid waste diverted by programs, by participation in programs or by some other method. [1997 c.552 §8; 2015 c.534 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.