Disposal in disposal site prohibited
- • exceptions
- • use in construction of reefs prohibited
- • exception
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, no person shall dispose of waste tires in a disposal site, as defined in ORS 459.005 (Definitions for ORS 459.005 to 459.437, 459.705 to 459.790 and 459A.005 to 459A.665).
(2) A person may dispose of waste tires in a disposal site permitted by the Department of Environmental Quality if the waste tires are chipped in accordance with standards established by the Environmental Quality Commission.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, no person shall use waste tires as material in the construction of artificial reefs in the ocean waters of the State of Oregon.
(4) Subsection (3) of this section shall not apply to the use of waste tires in the construction of any artificial reef in any tidal or nontidal bay or estuary of this state. As used in this subsection, “estuary” has the meaning given that term in ORS 196.800 (Definitions for ORS 196.600 to 196.905). [1987 c.706 §2; 1989 c.203 §1; 1993 c.560 §61]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.