Department review of projects
- • lending criteria
The Housing and Community Services Department shall:
(1) Administer the Community Development Incentive Project Fund in accordance with rules adopted by the department. Notwithstanding ORS 456.555 (Housing and Community Services Department established), department administration of the fund is not subject to Oregon Housing Stability Council policy, rules or standards.
(2) Verify documentation and approve or disapprove funding recommended by the council under ORS 458.715 (Duties of Oregon Housing Stability Council regarding Community Development Incentive Project Fund).
(3) Seek to leverage local, federal and private financial resources for use in conjunction with fund expenditures.
(4) Emphasize use of the fund to fill funding gaps in projects identified by the council that are designed to achieve the objectives of the fund.
(5) If making a fund expenditure as a loan, establish lending criteria that allow the fund to create quality development patterns and produce a sound loan portfolio. In establishing the criteria, the department shall permit the assumption of an appropriate level of risk, maintain a reserve for losses and provide for the periodic monitoring of reserve adequacy. Loan repayments may be used by the department in any financially prudent manner consistent with fund goals. [1999 c.956 §8; 2015 c.180 §32]
Note: See note under 458.705 (Legislative findings).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.