Community Development Incentive Project Fund
- • purpose
- • lottery bond proceeds
(1) Pursuant to ORS 286A.560 (Definitions for ORS 286A.560 to 286A.585 and 327.700 to 327.711) to 286A.585 (Lottery bonds for community sports facilities), lottery bonds may be issued to make grants or loans to Oregon municipalities, businesses and individuals to encourage real estate developments that promote downtown and community center areas, provide affordable housing and other infill developments, and fund projects that promote business opportunities in Oregon’s distressed areas and rural communities.
(2) The use of lottery bond proceeds is authorized based on the following findings:
(a) The grants and loans made will be used to fund projects that assist Oregon communities in managing growth, thereby attracting industry and workers and improving Oregon’s labor market; and
(b) The projects will bring jobs and economic diversity to Oregon’s distressed areas and rural communities.
(3) The aggregate principal amount of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section may not exceed the sum of $25 million and an additional amount estimated by the State Treasurer to be necessary to pay bond-related costs. Lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be issued only at the request of the Director of the Housing and Community Services Department, in consultation with the Oregon Housing Stability Council.
(4) The net proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Community Development Incentive Project Fund, which is hereby established in the State Treasury separate and distinct from the General Fund.
(5) The proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be used only for the purposes set forth in subsection (1) of this section and for bond-related costs.
(6) Interest earned by the Community Development Incentive Project Fund shall be credited to the fund or to the Housing Development and Guarantee Account, as determined by the council. In addition to any other moneys specifically designated by law, the fund shall consist of any amounts appropriated by the Legislative Assembly and any gifts, grants or donations. [Subsections (1) to (5) of 1999 Edition enacted as 1999 c.702 §3; subsection (6) of 1999 Edition enacted as 1999 c.956 §3; 2003 c.743 §7; 2007 c.783 §203b; 2015 c.180 §30]
Note: See note under 458.705 (Legislative findings).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.