Definitions for ORS 458.600 to 458.665
(1) “Area median income” means the median family income for the area, subject to adjustment for areas with unusually high or low incomes or housing costs, all as determined by the Oregon Housing Stability Council based on information from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(2) “Council” means the Oregon Housing Stability Council established in ORS 456.567 (Oregon Housing Stability Council).
(3) “Department” means the Housing and Community Services Department established in ORS 456.555 (Housing and Community Services Department established).
(4) “Low income” means income that is more than 50 percent and not more than 80 percent of the area median income.
(5) “Minority” means an individual:
(a) Who has origins in one of the black racial groups of Africa but who is not Hispanic;
(b) Who is of Hispanic culture or origin;
(c) Who has origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands; or
(d) Who is an American Indian or Alaskan Native having origins in one of the original peoples of North America.
(6) “Moderate income” means income that is more than 80 percent and not more than 120 percent of the area median income.
(7) “Organization” means a:
(a) Nonprofit corporation established under ORS chapter 65;
(c) Local government as defined in ORS 197.015 (Definitions for ORS chapters 195, 196, 197 and ORS 197A.300 to 197A.325).
(8) “Persons with disabilities” means persons with handicaps described in 42 U.S.C. 3602(h).
(9) “Very low income” means income that is 50 percent or less of the area median income.
(10) “Veteran” has the meaning given that term in ORS 408.225 (Definitions for ORS 408.225 to 408.237). [1991 c.740 §2; 1995 c.79 §271; 2007 c.70 §266; 2009 c.18 §6; 2013 c.646 §2; 2015 c.180 §24; 2015 c.608 §1; 2019 c.88 §2a; 2019 c.576 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information