Oregon Volunteers Commission for Voluntary Action and Service
(1) There is established the Oregon Volunteers Commission for Voluntary Action and Service within the Housing and Community Services Department.
(2) The commission shall consist of at least 15 members appointed by the Governor and may consist of not more than 25 members appointed by the Governor.
(3) The term of office of each member is three years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on the first day of the next following month. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) The appointment of the members of the commission is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(5) A member of the commission is entitled to receive, from moneys available to the commission, actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of official duties as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2001 c.848 §1; 2005 c.29 §1]
Note: 458.555 (Oregon Volunteers Commission for Voluntary Action and Service) to 458.575 (Solicitation of moneys by commission) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 458 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.