Urban renewal agency’s powers in planning or undertaking an urban renewal project
An urban renewal agency may plan or undertake any urban renewal project to carry out an approved urban renewal plan. In planning or undertaking an urban renewal project, the urban renewal agency has the power:
(1) To carry out any work or undertaking and exercise any powers which a housing authority is authorized to perform or exercise under ORS 456.055 (General definitions for ORS 456.055 to 456.235) to 456.235 (Dissolution of housing authorities), subject to the provisions of this chapter provided, however, that ORS 456.155 (Policy regarding profit from projects) and 456.160 (Limitations as to rentals) do not limit the power of an agency in event of a default by a purchaser or lessee of land in an urban renewal plan to acquire property and operate it free from the restrictions in those sections.
(2) To carry out any rehabilitation or conservation work in an urban renewal area.
(3) To acquire real property, by condemnation if necessary, when needed to carry out the plan.
(4) To clear any areas acquired, including the demolition, removal or rehabilitation of buildings and improvements.
(5) To install, construct or reconstruct streets, utilities and site improvements in accordance with the urban renewal plan.
(6) To carry out plans for a program of the voluntary repair and rehabilitation of buildings or other improvements in an urban renewal area in accordance with the urban renewal plan.
(7) To assist in relocating persons living in, and property situated in, the urban renewal area in accordance with the approved urban renewal plan and to make relocation payments.
(8) To dispose of, including by sale or lease, any property or part thereof acquired in the urban renewal area in accordance with the approved urban renewal plan.
(9) To plan, undertake and carry out neighborhood development programs consisting of urban renewal project undertakings in one or more urban renewal areas which are planned and carried out on the basis of annual increments in accordance with the provisions of this chapter for planning and carrying out urban renewal plans.
(10) To accomplish a combination of the things listed in this section to carry out an urban renewal plan. [1957 c.456 §7; 1969 c.225 §2; 1969 c.539 §1; 1979 c.621 §19; 1995 c.79 §268]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.