Agriculture workforce housing information
The Housing and Community Services Department shall serve as the primary state agency for information about agriculture workforce housing as defined in ORS 315.163 (Definitions for ORS 315.163 to 315.169). The department shall perform the following duties related to agriculture workforce housing information:
(1) Develop an information center for agriculture workforce housing financing information. The department shall consult with private organizations and the Agriculture Workforce Housing Facilitation Team established pursuant to subsection (3) of this section in developing and operating the information center. The information center shall include provision for access by the Internet.
(2) To the extent practicable, simplify the application process for funding agriculture workforce housing projects as defined in ORS 315.163 (Definitions for ORS 315.163 to 315.169).
(3) Establish an Agriculture Workforce Housing Facilitation Team to provide an ongoing discussion forum for state and local government agencies that are involved with agriculture workforce housing. Team members shall include the Housing and Community Services Department, the Occupational Safety and Health Division, the State Department of Agriculture, the Department of Land Conservation and Development, the Employment Department and the Oregon State University Extension Service. The Housing and Community Services Department shall also invite Rural Development and the Farm Service Agency of the United States Department of Agriculture, the United States Department of Labor, local planning agencies and other interested persons to be members of the team.
(4) Ensure that homeowner assistance programs engage in outreach efforts to contact agricultural workers.
(5) Promote the establishment and use of individual development accounts by agricultural workers and others.
(6) Use a statewide map of crop diversity to determine housing needs, and facilitate the development of agriculture workforce housing in appropriate locations.
(7) Look at creative ways to provide agriculture workforce housing, including but not limited to time-share housing, cooperative housing, mobile and portable housing and modular housing.
(8) Work with private businesses, state agencies and nonprofit organizations to maximize the development of agriculture workforce housing.
(9) To the extent practicable, refer housing-based conflicts to dispute resolution processes. [2001 c.625 §1; 2007 c.71 §141; 2013 c.750 §29]
Note: 456.585 (Agriculture workforce housing information) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 456 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information