Housing and Community Services Department established
- • appointment of director
- • duties of Oregon Housing Stability Council and community action partnership
- • rules
- • fees
(1) The Housing and Community Services Department is established.
(2) The department shall be under the supervision and control of a director who is responsible for the performance of the duties imposed upon the department. The Governor shall appoint the Director of the Housing and Community Services Department. The director shall hold office at the pleasure of the Governor. The person appointed as director shall be a person who, by training and experience, is well qualified to perform the duties of the office.
(3) The director shall receive such salary as may be provided by law, or, if not so provided, as may be fixed by the Governor. In addition to the salary of the director, the director shall, subject to the limitations otherwise provided by law, be reimbursed for all expenses actually and necessarily incurred by the director in the performance of official duties.
(4) The director may establish department divisions including but not limited to divisions for administration, housing programs and community services programs.
(5) The Oregon Housing Stability Council shall:
(a) With the advice of the director, set policy and approve or disapprove rules and standards for housing programs;
(b) Approve or disapprove loans, grants and other funding award proposals under ORS 456.561 (Loans, grants and funding awards);
(c) Provide policy direction and oversight to the department regarding the department’s financial planning and biennial budget proposal prior to its submittal to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services; and
(d) Carry out the provisions of ORS 456.571 (Powers and duties of council).
(6) The Community Action Partnership of Oregon shall advise the Housing and Community Services Department and the council on community services programs as determined by the director and as set forth in ORS 458.505 (Community action agency network as delivery system for federal antipoverty programs).
(7) The director shall report regularly to the council to keep the council informed on progress made by the department in carrying out the department’s responsibilities for housing programs.
(8) The department may adopt rules to carry out the programs that the department is charged with administering, including, but not limited to, rules regarding:
(a) Administration and enforcement.
(b) Criteria for the granting of benefits.
(c) The establishment of fees and charges.
(d) The identification of housing programs and community services programs.
(e) The distinguishing of housing programs from community services programs.
(9) Subject to the approval of the council, the department shall establish by rule one or more threshold property purchase prices above which a housing loan proposed by the department requires council review and approval under ORS 456.561 (Loans, grants and funding awards). In establishing or modifying a threshold property purchase price under this subsection, the department shall consider any maximum acquisition cost set forth in the Internal Revenue Code or federal rules and regulations implementing the code.
(10) Subject to the approval of the council, the department shall establish by rule one or more threshold amounts above which a housing grant or other housing funding award proposal requires council review and approval under ORS 456.561 (Loans, grants and funding awards). [1991 c.739 §2 (enacted in lieu of 456.553); 1995 c.79 §245; 2005 c.74 §3; 2007 c.607 §12; 2009 c.61 §1; 2009 c.64 §2; 2015 c.180 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.