Definitions for ORS 456.515 to 456.725 and ORS chapter 458
As used in ORS 456.515 (Definitions for ORS 456.515 to 456.725 and ORS chapter 458) to 456.725 (Discrimination against purchaser with children prohibited) and ORS chapter 458 unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Community Action Partnership of Oregon” means an organization described in ORS 458.505 (Community action agency network as delivery system for federal antipoverty programs).
(2) “Construction” includes, but is not limited to, new construction or moderate or substantial rehabilitation of existing structures or facilities.
(3) “Council” means the Oregon Housing Stability Council established under ORS 456.567 (Oregon Housing Stability Council).
(4) “Department” means the Housing and Community Services Department established under ORS 456.555 (Housing and Community Services Department established).
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Housing and Community Services Department.
(6) “Elderly household” means a household whose head is over the age of 55, residing in this state.
(7) “Major life activity” includes but is not limited to self-care, ambulation, communication, transportation, education, socialization, employment and ability to acquire, rent or maintain property.
(8)(a) “Multifamily housing” means a structure or facility established primarily to provide housing that provides more than one living unit, and may also provide facilities that are functionally related and subordinate to the living units for use by the occupants in social, health, educational or recreational activities:
(A) For the elderly, including but not limited to individual living units within such structures, mobile home and manufactured dwelling parks and residential facilities licensed under ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455) to 443.455 (Civil penalties) and other congregate care facilities with or without domiciliary care.
(B) For persons with disabilities, including, but not limited to, individual living units within such structures, mobile home and manufactured dwelling parks and residential facilities licensed under ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455) to 443.455 (Civil penalties) and other congregate care facilities with or without domiciliary care.
(b) “Multifamily housing” does not include nursing homes, hospitals, places primarily engaged in recreational activities and single-family, detached dwellings, except manufactured dwellings situated in a mobile home and manufactured dwelling park.
(9) “Person with a disability” means a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
(10) “Target population” means:
(a) Elderly households; or
(b) Persons with disabilities. [1977 c.485 §1; 1981 c.504 §1; 1981 c.695 §2; 1987 c.414 §14; 1989 c.224 §120; 1991 c.402 §3; 1991 c.739 §3; 1993 c.511 §1; 1995 c.79 §238; 1997 c.45 §1; 1999 c.59 §129; 2007 c.70 §258; 2007 c.607 §10; 2009 c.64 §1; 2015 c.180 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.