Definitions for ORS 456.250 to 456.265
As used in this section and ORS 456.255 (Legislative findings) to 456.265 (Sanctions against withdrawing property owner prohibited):
(1) “Affordability restriction” means a limit on rents that a property owner may charge at a participating property or a limitation on the use of a participating property as set forth in a contract.
(2) “Contract” means a written agreement entered into by a property owner under which a participating property becomes publicly supported housing that is subject to an affordability restriction. “Contract” includes, but is not limited to, a deed restriction, loan agreement, operating agreement or any other written agreement that results in an affordability restriction being placed on the property.
(3) “Local government” means a city, county, public corporation, metropolitan service district or other district, political subdivision or any board, commission or agency thereof.
(4) “Participating property” means property that is the subject of a contract by which the property becomes publicly supported housing that is subject to an affordability restriction.
(5)(a) “Publicly supported housing” means a multifamily rental housing development of five or more units that receives or benefits from government assistance under:
(A) A contract for rent assistance from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, the United States Department of Agriculture or the Housing and Community Services Department that contains an affordability restriction; or
(B) A contract that is for any other type of government assistance or subsidy that includes an affordability restriction and that is identified in rules adopted by the Housing and Community Services Department.
(b) “Publicly supported housing” does not include a multifamily rental housing development:
(A) For which the development or developer receives only a construction excise tax waiver, a system development charge waiver, a fee waiver or a property tax abatement;
(B) That is part of an inclusionary housing program as defined by local government and authorized under chapter 59, Oregon Laws 2016;
(C) That receives tenant-based federal rent subsidy payments under the Housing Choice Voucher Program authorized by 42 U.S.C. 1437f;
(D) That receives project-based rental assistance administered by a housing authority under section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937 (42 U.S.C. 1437f (o)(13)); or
(E) That receives tenant vouchers from the United States Department of Agriculture under section 542 of the Housing Act of 1949 (42 U.S.C. 1471).
(6) “Qualified purchaser” means a local government entitled to notice under ORS 456.260 (Requirement of property withdrawal notice), the Housing and Community Services Department or a designee appointed by the department under ORS 456.262 (Required notice of opportunity to purchase participating property). [1999 c.275 §1; 2017 c.608 §1]
Note: 456.250 (Definitions for ORS 456.250 to 456.265) to 456.265 (Sanctions against withdrawing property owner prohibited) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 456 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.