2015 ORS § 456.215¹
Financial aid and cooperation of federal government

(1) An authority may:

(a) Borrow money or accept grants or other financial assistance from the federal government for or in aid of any housing project within its area of operation.

(b) Take over or lease or manage any housing project or undertaking constructed or owned by the federal government.

(c) Comply with such conditions and enter into such mortgages, trust indentures, leases or agreements as may be necessary, convenient or desirable for the purposes of this subsection.

(2) It is the purpose and intent of the Housing Authorities Law to authorize every authority to do all things necessary or desirable to secure the financial aid or cooperation of the federal government in the undertaking, construction, maintenance or operation of any housing project by such authority.